The RWD-8 was a Polish training plane with a mixed structure, in the high wing (so-called umbrella) system, with a classic, fixed undercarriage. The drive in the basic version was provided by a single engine PZInż Junior with a power of 120 HP. The prototype flight took place in 1933. Serial production continued in the years 1934-1939, ending with the production of about 550 aircraft of this type. The machine had no fixed armament. Originally, the RWD-8 was developed for a competition announced by the Air and Gas Defense League for a new initial training aircraft. Initial work on the RWD-8 at the Experimental Aviation Workshop in Warsaw was carried out by engineer Stanisław Wigura, and the first prototype was ready in 1933. He definitely won the competition, proving to be a very easy-to-pilot machine, ensuring a lot of flight safety, good working comfort for the student and instructor, as well as being relatively cheap. The Polish army very quickly became interested in the project, which in 1934 placed an order for these planes, which - in the version for the army - were produced at the PWS plant in Biała Podlaska. RWD-8 aircraft in the civilian version served in numerous flying clubs throughout the country. However, in the military version, they were intended for the initial training of pilots. They were used by aviation schools in Dęblin, Bydgoszcz and Krosno. During the September campaign, the RWD-8 also served as liaison machines. After September 1939, the RWD-8 planes were delivered to Romania, Finland and Hungary.